Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mallow Bites, or the Downfall of Western Civilization


I picked these up at Wal-Mart today. They were a dollar. I was jonesing for some chocolate and, as we all know, nothing is better than chocolate and marshmallows. As I was munching on them, I turned the package around to check out the nutrition facts and spotted this warning outlined in red:

Eat one at a time.
For children under 6,
cut marshmallows into bite-sized pieces.
Children should always be seated
& supervised while eating.

I'm sorry, but I don't need someone to tell me how to eat my tasty marshmallow treats. Eat one at a time? Fail. Furthermore, aren't marshmallows bite-sized already? Are you really going to tell me that I need to cut up miniature marshmallows for my five year old?

Now, I realize that Kraft, the maker of this delightful snack, doesn't want to be held legally liable for some person shoving their mouth full of marshmallows and then choking to death, but please. I don't know what's worse: living in a world where people exercise no common sense whatsoever, or living in a world were people are so shameless that they would sue a company for their own stupidity. Either way, I am sadden.

And I totally ate more than one at a time. Sorry, Kraft.

1 comment: