Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vent

I'm so stressed out this week, and today I am super cranky. I just walked into the CEF office to find piles of work on my desk that weren't there yesterday when I left. I really don't have time to write anything on here, but I wanted to vent just a little. I thought this would be easier, but it isn't. I've been crying out to God to change my heart and give me the grace to obey regardless of how I feel. On days like this my brother reminds me that being a Christian doesn't exempt me from my humanity. Sometimes I get a bad attitude because I think it should. Psalm 16 is my meditation today. It is so easy when I am stressed out to reach for physical, solid things to comfort me. It is such a struggle to keep my eyes on the Unseen and have faith that at His right hand there really are pleasures forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment