Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Man with a Southern Accent

Yesterday was a crazy day.

My car decided it wouldn't go another mile without some rather expensive maintenance (although today it is humming along quite nicely, sort of smugly actually, as if it had got one over on me) and that, on top of a few other out-of-the-ordinary things, served to throw off my groove. Today, however, I am grooving along quite nicely, rather like my car, sort of smug, in fact. There is a certain pleasure derived from a job well done, or perhaps I should say, a job you can do well.

Yes, today has been a peaceful day. I've even had a few minutes of time to devote to on-line reading. I found this article particularly interesting. Next to Mark Driscoll or John Piper, Joel Osteen never ceases to amaze and delight me. For all the wrong reasons, of course. I'm sure he's a delightful man, his accent is highly charming for one thing (who can resist a man with Southern accent?), but his theology is...well, damaging. I think the article does a good job of alerting the Church to the covert heresies found in such a - dare I say it - gospel.

What do you think?

3 comments: