Monday, May 18, 2009

Odds and Ends


Our garden is growing! I feel guilty that I haven't been over to Edwardsville to check on it since we first planted it some weeks ago. It seems that Karen is doing a good job caring for it though. Every time I see Aaron he asks me "how's the garden doing" as if I live right down the street from Karen instead of from him. It's a bit annoying, actually. So, Aaron, now you know how the garden is doing. As far as I know though, we are still gnome-less.

In other news, I'm almost done setting up the last 5-day Clubs for the summer. I'm just waiting to hear back from Nathan at the YMCA. I wish he would hurry up. I can't wait to post all seven full weeks of clubs on the wall of my cubicle, pump my arm in victory, and immediately receive a phone call from a club hostess saying that she has to cancel due to an unforeseen emergency. Ah, the unpredictability of summer ministry.

I am currently contemplating summer travel plans. I sort of want to head south and scope out Little Rock before I become a resident of that fine city, and I keep meaning to visit Adrienne, located somewhere deep in the heart of Texas, and witness her marital bliss firsthand, but have yet to actually do it. I also made tenative plans to go to Chicago with Karen and visit all the museums there. Joanna, Amanda, and I were planning a trip there (are planning a trip there?) this summer but I know they won't go to the museums with me. I know this because when I asked Joanna about it she made a rude noise which, when translated means, "yeah, right".

Today at work one of my co-workers was singing a song about Helen Keller and her hips (your guess is as good as mine) and my other co-worker Joe (love him!) said "get away from me, Helen Keller, you're grossing me out!" I couldn't stop laughing. There was just something about a soon-to-be journalist saying the phrase "you're grossing me out" that struck me as highly hilarious. Maybe you had to be there, or maybe you have to know Joe, or maybe you have to work with a bazillion crazy kids all day to get the hilarity of this moment. It were funny (grammatical error intended).

I think that's all the news to be had around here. I keep meaning to brew a cup of Irish Breakfast tea and finally, finally, sit down and finish reading the Lewis book. It still hasn't happened. The box of tea sits forlornly in the cupboard, unopened, and the book stares up at my from my bedside table every time I enter the room. It is angry about being neglected for so long. Sometimes I pick it up and carry it downstairs, meaning to crack open its pages and read, but something inevitably distracts me. This only serves to fuel its anger. I expect a mutiny pretty soon; Lewis will not be ignored forever.

Time for bed. I know this because I'm giving inanimate objects personalities. Again.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Did you know Helen Keller had a dollhouse?

    Neither did she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did Helen Keller do when she fell off a cliff?

    She screamed her hands off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you guys are making fun of Helen Keller on my blog. I also can't believe that I am an administrator of hate speech. Shame on you. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete