Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Weekend in Pictures

This weekend Karen and Joanna made the seven hour trek from St. Louis to Little Rock for Labor Day weekend, bringing some much-needed laughter and fun with them. It is so good to be around people who know you so completely and like you anyway! Here are some photos from this weekend, along with the accompanying stories, or course.

Karen and Joanna met Bud and Nancy, my host family for the year.

Don't they look like fun? When Joanna thanked Nancy for allowing them to visit for the weekend Nancy said, "oh, well, we really had no choice" in her off-beat way. Joanna laughed and laughed. So did I.

Randy and Ferdine are missionaries in Italy with SIM. They have been staying at the Big Blue Farmhouse for their summer furlough, but left today. My life will be much less interesting now that Randy isn't around to pick up the dog and dance with him across the room.

Karen, Joanna, and I had many adventures this weekend, including trying to track down the "little rock" of Little Rock. We didn't ultimately succeed in that quest, but we did find many other interesting sites, including this big statue of Casimir Pulaski. He is Karen's personal hero, affording her a day off from school once a year. Can you see the admiration in her eyes?

Well, you could see it if she didn't have her super cool sunglasses on.

Speaking of Karen, she made an unexpected friend in Little Rock. MacGregor-dog fell in love with her! While I basically ignore him (except when he slobbers on my dress pants, or knocks books out of my hand in a desperate bid for attention, or barks, barks, barks his head off at 5:30 in the morning, at which times I scold him), Karen taught him to shake paws. Nancy is still talking about how much she liked Karen, and even MacGregor looks a little depressed. Karen, come back!

Oh, sure, he looks innocent enough, cute even, but don't let him fool you. His bark is chilling, especially early in the morning.

Before they left, Karen took a pciture of me in my pajamas (and not even my cute ones! In fact, I think Randy mocked them at breakfast) in front of the Big Blue Farmhouse. I include it only because I want you to see where I live. It's quite picturesque, don't you think?

Well, that's enough for tonight. Come back tomorrow for pictures detailing our trip to the Purple Cow.

5 comments:

  1. Does MacGregor remember how to shake without me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live in a big blue farmhouse! Sooo Anne of Green Gables!

    Melanie A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I actually read your blog. JK! No I didn't. I know what you're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are the pictures of me??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doubtful, Karen, but I haven't tired.

    Also, I find it so interesting that most of the time Joanna feigns disinterest in my blog until I don't mention her. So very interesting...

    ReplyDelete