Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yay Books!

Books are my obsession: I love them. When I go over to a friend's house you can usually find me lurking somewhere near his or her bookshelf. One friend says I only love her for her books, which is not true (but maybe a little). Yesterday I found a fabulous site for fellow book lovers. When I explained to my seventeen year-old sister that the premise for the website involved, not buying books from others but trading them, she snidely said: "is the website called 'trade-my-lame-books-dot-com'"?

She will never understand.

Anyway, I wanted to alert those interested to the existence of this website. I put up fourteen of my books for trade (snide little sister: "I don't even own fourteen books! You are so lame!") and already I have requests for seven of them. Although now I have to send those seven to different parts of the US. Hm. Well, the good news is I have one of my book requests coming from Greece! So, if you have the cash to send your old books to others (you don't have to send them overseas), I would recommend this site. Postage is so much cheaper than a trip to Borders!

Although maybe not for the guy in Greece...

1 comment: