Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Magnet Family

As I'm adjusting to being back at home for the next few months I have the distinct feeling that I am somehow magnetized. Why? Because everywhere I go there they are. And by they I mean those delightful people I call my siblings. They are literally everywhere I go - asking me to take them somewhere, playing the guitar, chasing the cat, chasing the dogs, yelling at each other (we are in some serious need of sanctification around here), and opening and closing the refrigerator door which is annoyingly close to my "office".

Which brings me to the point that since my makeshift office has been dominating the kitchen table these past few weeks I thought that today I'd take the party downstairs. I set everything up on a card table, plugged in my laptop, and got out a pen. It was great for the first hour. By the second they were there again, as if a giant magnet that none of us could see was pulling us closer. Then it was me, sitting at the card table, surrounded by two brothers who were fighting, one who was playing a YouTube video at top volume, and a sister who was talking about Justin Bieber. Again. I think these kids need to go to public school.


Just kidding! Maybe private school. But seriously, I wouldn't trade my magnet family for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment